Friday, June 28, 2013

MyBatua Review

As Salaam Alaykum All!

Sooooooo, I figured I'd do a My Batua review and share it with you guys- since it is a company that was endorsed by Muslimah2Muslimah:-) Sooooooo, let's get started shall we....Well, I've never heard of MyBatua until I came across one of Najwa's and Nadira's  YouTube uploads.  So, when I heard them mention it I immediately logged onto MyBatua's website and I must say I was pretty impressed.  The website was very professional, they had quite an extensive collection of abayas, handbags, tunics ect. gasp they are REALLY reasonable!  A little too reasonable lol:-) The abaya I was eying was $46.10 -and any of you in the abaya world know THAT IS REASONABLE! So, I looked to see where the company was based and I found that the headquarters is based in India.  Now, for me personally  whenever I come across an abaya on-line company that is based in India, I get a little nervous, beacause 1)I think of poor quality 2) poor customer service, or 3) taking a chance of never getting a garment in the first place.  So, I was still a bit "ify" about it all. So, the first thing that I do before I order (as I do with any on-line clothing company) is search for any reviews on their garments and clothing.  And of course, I could find none.  Buuuuuuuuut, I decided to give it a go since it was recommended by Najwa and Nadira.    So after about a week of going back and forth of deciding whether or not I should place an order I decided to try out the Sehrish Aura Green Abaya. 
This particular abaya is a pull-over style, has a round neck with box pleats in the front, utility pockets on both sides, and green, navy blue, and brown colored borders on the hem and sleeves of the garment.  The fabric of the abaya is a Kashibo (polyester) and the care for the abaya is to dry clean only. It took me about 2 weeks to receive that garment. The garment arrived in a very professional looking box with the company's logo at the bottom.  When I took out the garment it was ready to wear, I was impressed with the quality and the craftmenship.  The fabric was AWESOME!!!! I'm a fabric junkie and if I don't like the feel and texture of the fabric or if the fabric looks cheap, then it gets a 0 in my book.  But this was decent Koshibo and for $46, well worth the price!


So the next part of the review will be fit which is extremely important t me as well.  I'm not a seamstress and hate having to wait to wear something because it needs to be tailored.  And a lot of the time a size that is presented on-line is completely different from the size that you expect to get.  I-m 5'3 and I weigh 120lbs so I ordered an extra-small and it fit perfectly.  Although I did find the sleeves to be a tad on the short size (and I have short arms), so  if you have long or average length arms you may want to keep this in mind.  Also, I didn't think that  the box pleats were the most flattering (when I wear this abaya, I either wear it with a blazer or a belt or both.)  The length as you can see was perfect and that was a 56 (I am normally 54) so you may want to go for a longer length then normal with any of their garments. 
But on a more positive note-this fabric is the coooooooolest fabric ever and very soft.  The garment itself is completely opaque but for some reason the air just flows through.  And I gave it the hot and humid Southern heat test-Yes the 100 degrees Southern Virginia test and I must say- I  didn't sweat  at all-AND I had my indoor clothes on underneath:-)  So if I could give this garment a grade it would get a B buuuuuuut because this abaya was only $46 I decided to give it an A-.  Yes, there were little issues here and there (the pleats mainly) But I would have to say for the price you can't beat it!  I would definitely order from them again and recommend others to order from them as well:-)

1 comment:

  1. Salam alakum sister , first of all you look stunning in that abaya. I actually ordered the same abaya last spring. I was so disappointed when i tried it on and it swallowed me up. I did the custom size because I'm 5 11" and i have a problem with.dresses and skirts being too short..Anyhow, when i went to ship it back it was going to be over $100 to ship it back..:( so may if you or any other sister reading this, just make sure you get the measurements correct otherwise you will be stuck with it. It would be cheaper to just reorder again than to exchange it. Thanks for your post. Masalama.

    ReplyDelete